Malaybalay City, December 11, 2019 – Government troops raided a bunch of CPP-NPA terrorists who retreated to forested hideout in Mt Obulan of Misamis Oriental killing scores of terrorists and seizing a number of high powered rifles on December 10, 2019.

Pursuing troopers of 58th Infantry Battalion and 43rd DRC found one lifeless body of a terrorist left behind by his cohorts and six firearms that include two M653 rifles, one M16 rifle, one AK-47 assault rifle, one Garand rifle and one Caliber .22 rifle. One of the assaulting team member was slightly wounded in the forearm and still among those pursuing the fleeing terrorists. He reported to his Battalion Commander that they called on the terrorists to lay down their firearms but instead they resisted and fired at the army team.

The incident transpired around 5 oclock in the afternoon and the sun was about to set but he revealed seeing NPA rebels jumping to the ravine while firing their guns without direction. He believes a number of terrorists NPAs were injured either by gunshot wound or by jumping into the ravine. The wounded soldier refused to be evacuated as he was just slightly brazen by bullet in his right arm. They are still on pursuit operation as of this report.

“Last month, a former NPA surrendered and revealed an arms cache containing four high-powered rifle that include armalite and AK-47. We dug and seized those firearms. The same surrenderee led the troops to the NPA’s lair that led to this encounter” said LtCol Roy Derilo, the Commander of 58th Infantry Battalion.

According to 403rd Brigade spokesman Captain Ryan Layug: “former rebels who recently surrendered revealed the growing trend of people’s rejection of the NPA. The people’s open declaration to deny the entry of NPA into brgys, sitios, and purok forced them to take the hills for they worry about being attacked by the army if they stay near the villages. The “persona non grata” declarations seems to have taken a significant toll on the rebels’ daily activities.”

Following the order of President Duterte to continue offensive operations, the 403rd Infantry Brigade has launched a continuing focused military operations against the armed terrorists of North Central Mindanao Regional Committee simce the beginning of October 2019.

403rd Brigade Commander BGen Edgardo De Leon said: “patapos na ang panawagan namin sa mga rebeldeng NPA na magbalik loob sa pamahalaan. Marami na po ang nagtiwala at nabigyan ng tulong ng gobyerno. Pero ayon sa mga naunang bumaba, patuloy pa rin daw ang pagpipigil sa kanila ng kanilang mga pinuno. Kaya wala na po kaming magagawa kundi ilunsad na ang tuloy tuloy na opensiba para matapos na ang panggugulo ng CPP-NPA. Katulad ng sinabi ko noong magumpisa ang aming kampanya, may hangganan ang ECLIP, magpapatuloy ang aming opensiba para sa mga ayaw talaga ng mapayapang pagbabago.”

Leave a Reply